Rats are smart…But we are smarter
We are your one stop shop to ensure your home is rodent-free by repairing rodent damage back to its original fixed condition.
Do you ever hear that annoying scratching noise in your attic or walls while you’re trying to sleep? Have you even set traps and does it seem the rats keep coming back? This is because rats are smart.
The key to eliminating rats comes in three steps. Rodent proof entire home, trap rats, clean up droppings and odors. Most companies will send a technician to seal all visible and accessible entry points with a can of foam, then set traps and with a three-month warranty. Our process is much different. We will crawl and rodent proof your entire attic, base of your home and roof line with construction material like mortar and metal flashing. The only way we can eliminate your rodents is by cutting off their food, water and shelter and it can only be accomplished if we do the entire job.
If you have been waiting to get rid of your rodents because you are still undecided, just please know that we can rid your home of rodents in almost any financial situation. We can make something work for you.
Pictures of work done to properly seal home
If we cannot get to accessible rodent entry points, then we will need to repair your home. For example, if your roof is Spanish tile and rats are getting under the tiles and into your walls. Then we will need to remove a layer of roof tile and repair your wall. Once we have sealed all entry points from the base of your home to the top of your chimney, then if there are any rodents still inside your home, then they will get very hungry and have to eat off the traps. We will return weekly until your rats are gone for good.
Here is how rats were accessing under home along the sewer line. We needed to fill this gap with cement so rats could not come back.
Here is how rats were chewing a hole into the attic. We needed to screen the exposed section of attic with galvanized mesh to rodent proof this home.
Did You Know?
–Roof rats travel about 30 yards from where they nest
– Have litters of 5-10 pups and as many as 10 litters per year
– Teeth are always growing and have to gnaw to file teeth down
– Very intelligent and cautious when around new nesting area
– Can jump two feet vertically and four feet horizontally
– They can climb 90 degree angles up brick, stucco walls or any textured surface
– Thrive in cooler months and most active once in doors where it is safe and dry
Ways Roof Rats Enter Homes
– They enter homes, sheds, garages and other structures through any opening larger than a nickel, looking for places safe from predators and good for nesting.
– They may follow pipes down from the attic, gnaw through drywall, burrow tunnels into dirt crawl space, squeeze through gaps in siding of home.
– They may chew through wood, plastic, aluminum siding, sheet rock, and soft metals to gain access to interiors.
– Attics provide a safe refuge, a nesting place for their young and routes into the home below.