Contractors Section 2 License # 1047274
Attic Cleaning & TAP Insulation
Many people clean their attic without properly repairing rodent entry points. But what happens if rodents get back in your attic? This can be a major disaster and headache. Our plan is to thoroughly inspect your roof, attic, crawl space and home for all accessible and inaccessible rodent points of entry. This way your attic will stay clean.
We also disinfect attics! Click here to learn more about our disinfecting services.
In California, the most common diseases caused by rodents are Typhoid, Rat Bite Fever, Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis, Salmonellosis, Hantavirus, and Rabies. If you think you have come into contact with rodents and are having symptoms contact your healthcare professional immediately.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, worldwide, rats and mice spread over 35 diseases. These diseases can be spread to humans directly, through handling of rodents, through contact with rodent feces, urine, or saliva, or through rodent bites. Diseases carried by rodents can also be spread to humans indirectly, through ticks, mites or fleas that have fed on an infected rodent. Inhaling dust from dried rodent urine, feces and nesting material can also result in illness.
This process involves:
1) Bagging up all infested insulation.
2) Vacuuming droppings and debris with hepa filter.
3) Seal all rodent and animal entry points with wire mesh with 100% visibility.
4) Wipe down rub marks and all bacteria with sanitizer.
5) Apply an odor encapsulation enzyme to remove all smells.
After – Install TAP Insulation
This green insulation for new and existing homes & buildings made from recycled paper that incorporates a borate-based pest control into the product. Unlike traditional insulations that use rolls of fiberglass, T.A.P layers onto surfaces like paint. The smallest cracks and crevices will be seal to reduce energy loss and keeps pest from entering your structure. While the borates toxicity levels are too low to harm people or pets, the levels are lethal to insects such as mites, silverfish, spiders, ants, and termites. T-A-P insulation offers energy star efficiency by having superior thermal and sound-deadening properties and a unique method of pest control. The features and benefits outweigh the cost of this revolutionary product.
Benefits of using TAP Insulation
- Rebates – If your current insulation does not meet the new standard r value rating of 30, Sempra Energy will pay you 15 cents per square foot to bring it to R30 Value . What a deal!
- Prevent Pests – Any and all pests that contact this natural borate powder are toast.
- Reduce energy loss – Cracks and crevices are efficiently sealed since tap is much more dense than other insulation. It is 32% more energy efficient than traditional insulation.
- Long lifespan – Tap insulation will last 30-50 years with only a 1/2 shrinkage during its life span.
- Noise reduction – The acoustical in tap can reflect external waves from entering your home because of the dense components within this insulation.
- Fire retardant – The properties in this insulation will not catch fire and limit the spread of the flames.
Our goal is to minimize risk and increase safety so we can protect your home or business. Pacific Pest Control offers the highest quality service by using the best products on the market.
What is the difference between sanitation and disinfection?
First, it is important to understand the difference between sanitizing and disinfection. These are very similar but yet have differences. Sanitizers must kill 99.999 percent of organisms tested in 30 seconds using the Official Detergent Sanitizer Test. Disinfectants must kill ALL organisms in 10 minutes using the AOAC Use Dilution Test. Thus, disinfection is 100% control.
We disinfect with a product called Nisus DSV. This is effective against listed viruses below on the EPA N List for certain pathogens. It includes human coronavirus but not including the strain “SARS-CoV-2”. Nor does it prevent the disease COVID-19.
Disclaimer: Under this guidance, EPA is providing pesticide registrants with a voluntary process to enable the use of certain EPA-registered disinfectant products against this emerging viral pathogen. Using disinfectant products on surfaces can help limit the spread of diseases.