ATTIC CLEANING & TAP Insulation
Many people get their attic cleaned without repairing rodent entry points. But what happens if you get your attic cleaned and rodents get back in your attic? This can be a major headache. Our plan is to thoroughly inspect all accessible and inaccessible rodent points of entry. This way your attic will stay clean.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, worldwide, rats and mice spread over 35 diseases. These diseases can be spread to humans directly, through handling of rodents, through contact with rodent feces, urine, or saliva, or through rodent bites. Diseases carried by rodents can also be spread to humans indirectly, through ticks, mites or fleas that have fed on an infected rodent. Inhaling dust from dried rodent urine, feces and nesting material can also result in illness.
In California, the most common diseases caused by rodents are Typhoid, Rat Bite Fever, Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis, Salmonellosis, Hantavirus, and Rabies. If you think you have come into contact with rodents and are having symptoms contact your health care professional immediately.
This process involves:
1) Bagging up all infested insulation.
2) Vacuuming droppings and debris with hepa filter.
3) Seal all rodent and animal entry points with wire mesh with 100% visibility.
4) Wipe down rub marks and all bacteria with sanitizer.
5) Apply an odor encapsulation enzyme to remove all smells.
AFTER – Install TAP Insulation
This green insulation for new and existing homes & buildings made from recycled paper that incorporates a borate-based pest control into the product. Unlike traditional insulations that use rolls of fiberglass, T.A.P layers onto surfaces like paint. The smallest cracks and crevices will be seal to reduce energy loss and keeps pest from entering your structure. While the borates toxicity levels are too low to harm people or pets, the levels are lethal to insects such as mites, silverfish, spiders, ants, and termites. T-A-P insulation offers energy star efficiency by having superior thermal and sound-deadening properties and a unique method of pest control. The features and benefits outweigh the cost of this revolutionary product.
Benefits by using T-A-P Insulation are:
– Rebates- If your current insulation does not meet the new standard r value rating of 30, Sempra Energy will pay you 15 cents per square foot to bring it to R30 Value . What a deal!- Prevent Pests- Any and all pests that contact this natural borate powder are toast.
– Reduce energy loss- Cracks and crevices are efficiently sealed since tap is much denser than other insulation. It is 32% more energy efficient than traditional insulation.
– Long lifespan- Tap insulation will last 30-50 years with only a 1/2 shrinkage during its life span.
– Noise reduction- The acoustical in tap can reflect external waves from entering your home because of the dense components within this insulation.
– Fire retardant- The properties in this insulation will not catch fire and limit the spread of the flames.